Since 2004, Dictyon has been providing outstanding translation services in 100+ languages to various government and corporate clients. We proudly enable our customers to meet some of their most complex and demanding needs through unwavering commitment to excellence, skilled technical and managerial staff and the use of the lastest technological advances. Our core philosophy is to skillfully merge the talent, skills and expertise of our human resources with the most innovative technology and translation techniques.
Translating Between Languages
The simple conversion of one language into another, using a word processor and perhaps a dictionary, is the common image of translation. While this scenario has some similarities with real life, the translation process is, in fact, far more complicated. Using computer-assisted translation tools, online and hard copy reference material (such as lexicons, dictionaries, thesauruses, text corpora, grammatical and style guides, legacy translations and/or approved glossaries) as well as conferring with colleagues and experts over colloquialisms and/or special terminology, the translation process is one that requires patience, attention to detail, and above all, in-depth knowledge of both the source and the target language.
Our core services include:
- Desktop Publishing (DTP) and 508 Compliance
- Translation Memory Management
Our translations can be certified and/or notarized upon request.
Our superior technical capabilities provide the translation of written, electronic and multi-media material from source into target text, as well as a rich personnel roster to accommodate translation requests in more than 100 languages and dialects.
Our translators work in the following fields:
- Software Localization
- Website Development
Our resources allow us to deliver exceptional results, often under pressing deadlines.
Our Methodology & Human Resources
In the fulfillment of all our translation task orders, whether at the service of our public or private sector clients, we employ our proven approach that skillfully combines human talent and experience, advanced technology, and top-of-the-line project management. At every level of execution of a translation task, whether large or small, we provide our staff with the degree of oversight and support that foster continuous high performance, quality and improvement.
Our Translation Division is linguistically supported by our language teaching expertise, as many of our instructors also serve as specialized translators. Through our rigorous vetting process, we customarily select professional translators who:
- Are native speakers and thus able to understand all clues and nuances embedded in the spoken and written language
- Have attained a high proficiency level in their working language pair(s) and provide practice-intensive training and testing, if necessary
- Are certified and experienced in their field of expertise
- Are ready to undergo all necessary background check, if required by the services to be delivered
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
Our goal is to solve issues at the lowest level as early as possible. We work to meet and exceed our customers’ expectations by adhering to an effective quality control plan that includes:
- Careful crafting and clarification of instructions for all operations along every stage of the production/delivery line
- Multiple checks of translated work by independent linguists without prior exposure to the source or target texts
- Back translation (translation from the target language to the source language) conducted on random samples of work in progress
- Final review of translations by experienced proofreaders and editors to ensure lexical and syntactical accuracy and fluidity
- Review by top management of post-delivery feedback questionnaires submitted by clients
We deliver comprehensive translation services in almost all spoken languages (and Latin!). Please contact us to inquire about specific language pairs.