Dictyon, LLC was established in 2004 with the goal of providing top quality language services to the Federal and local governments, the corporate world, and private individuals. Our core competencies include foreign language instruction and curriculum development, as well as comprehensive translation and interpretation services. Our steadfast commitment to excellence and our superb human resources have over the years allowed us to offer outstanding services and support to our customers, as well as deliver superb end products within all applicable performance parameters.
In support of our clients’ critical needs, we offer:
- Tested professionalism in the linguistic field
- Proven experience in delivering outstanding customized services to both our government and corporate clients
- Availability of superior human and technical resources
- The ability to promptly respond to our clients’ requirements and expectations
Our first-rate linguistic professionals cooperatively work in an intimate and yet dynamic collegial environment, enhanced by outstanding in-house technological capabilities that allow us to remain extremely flexible and immediately respond to a request for services. Our employees routinely attend “train-the-trainer” programs and both in-house and remote professional workshops. We are rigorous and selective in hiring not only credentialed team members with track records of success, but also people who fit our corporate culture of customer mission success, service, and satisfaction. Our solid reputation for integrity and ethical behavior is based on careful observance of all applicable laws and regulations, as well as rigorous adherence to the highest standards of professional conduct.
Over the years, we have engendered and nurtured a positive corporate culture exemplified by our employees’ commitment to collective corporate objectives, an organizational structure that aptly integrates our human and technical resources, and an environment that encourages information-flow and idea-sharing.
• Hailing from five continents, our highly qualified staff of dedicated professionals, provides simply the best language instruction, translation and interpreting services in the DC metropolitan area.
• At Dictyon, we are able to design classes, including course content and scheduling details, to fit your exact specifications.
• Our two facilities are conveniently located in Arlington, Virginia and Greenbelt, Maryland, on the outskirts of Washington DC. The are accessible by car, as well as metro and bus lines.
• Each of our classrooms is equipped with a 42” or 50” LCD or plasma television connected to the classroom computer with a broadband internet connection, and multimedia lab.
• Numerous wireless access points create a hotspot that provide seamless internet connectivity to your portable wireless devices.
• Our colorful library is stocked with foreign language books, magazines and newspapers, along with the traditional resources of language acquisition – bilingual dictionaries, thesauruses, glossaries, atlases and instructional workbooks.
• Dictyon has continually been identified as a leader in language acquisition courses by employers, to include the ISIS Center, Georgetown University Medical Center and Jane’s Information Group, as well as several government departments/agencies.
Our Primary Services
• Language Training
• Primary Services
• Private Lessons
• Small Group Lessons
• Immersion Courses
• Lessons at Home
• Intercultural Training
• Translation and Interpretation
Keys to Success
The goal of language instruction is to make the student an independent user of the target language. It is expected that students will make mistakes and trial and error are necessary parts of language acquisition. Dictyon’s instructors conduct the classes, as much as possible, in a listening-speaking environment so that the student is immersed in the target language and its nuances. Further, the instructors rely on the following key concepts and tools to succeed in their goal:
• Variation of materials and activities to heighten student and instructor interest;
• Careful daily preparation to challenge students and assist efficient assimilation of new material;
• Cultural immersion activities, e.g. organizing special lectures, drills and assignments on holidays and cultural events.
• Continuous monitoring and adjustment to group and individual needs and skills.
• Current, intellectual materials are introduced and used at all levels.
• Combination of formal learning and acquisition methods; implementation of maieutic (Socratic) method of eliciting new ideas from one another.
• Commitment to academic curiosity and innovation;
• Functional, yet comfortable and pleasant environment to facilitate the demanding teaching and learning processes; instructor/student interaction, personnel performance, and job satisfaction.